- Design and layout of all printed and electronic media.
- Retouching/compositing full color photos and creating artwork for newspaper, commercial printing and the web.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5 & 6: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign
on a Mac platform. Experience in Word and PowerPoint.
Swardlick Marketing Group
April 1996 - May 2010
Senior Graphic Designer
- Photoshop retouching, composites and color correction.
- Produced illustrative artwork as appropriate to a projectís defined concept and direction.
- Created mechanicals and designs for ads, brochures, direct mail, newspaper, web elements, email blasts, billboards, banners and fleet graphics.
- Prepress knowledge ó file release, checking for bleeds, spot color, color modes, image resolution and applying profiles.
- Worked with printers and specialty vendors to ensure print quality.
- Mounted creative materials for presentations and contest submissions.
- Added color proofing station, lighting and maintained monitor calibration to bring color-correction in-house.
Portland Press Herald/Maine Sunday Telegram,
April 1984 - March 1996
- Designed the look and style of all in-house advertising, sales materials and signage.
- Designed and created printed newspaper ads, inserts, special supplements, rack cards, subscriber direct mail, banners, employee newsletter, new employee orientation package, premium items and materials for sponsored events.
- Created artwork and illustrations for various promotional campaigns.
- Set the standard for computer equipment and software specifications for advertising and marketing departments.
The University of the Arts
B.F.A. Illustration, Honors